· 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split (about 1 pound)
· 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· 1 egg beaten
· 2 ¼ ounces sliced almonds
For orange sauce
· 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
· 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· Juice of one fresh orange (approximately ½ cup)
· 2 Tablespoons butter
· 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Place each chicken breast filet between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound with meat mallet to 1/4" thickness.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Dip one side into egg and press with almonds.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add chicken, almond side down.
- Cook on medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until almonds are toasted.
- Turn breasts.
- Lower heat to medium low and cook for 10 to 12 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Serve with Orange Sauce.
Directions for Orange Sauce
- Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add juice, butter and rind.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.