This simple salad has everything! From the cranberries to the spinach to the lime honey and bacon balance that ties it all together.
Your family will love you for it – YOU will love you for it, and you’ll be doing your body good in the process.
- 6 oz. package of salad spinach
- 1/2 C sweetened dried cranberries
- 4 thin slices of red onions
- 4 slices bacon or turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- /2 C plain or orange-flavored honey
- 1/2 C lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Wash and clean spinach.
Divide evenly among 4 salad plates.
Top each with 2 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries and onion slices.
For the dressing:
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Heat in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until warm.
Pour over salad and toss.