Submitted by Sue at HHM. Thank you Sue! This recipe just seems like the perfect idea for these wonderful in season fall produce.
- 1 winter squash (acorn or butternut)
- Maple syrup or Honey
- Cut in half lengthwise
- Scoop out the seeds
- Place cut side down in a covered baking pan with enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees until tender, about 30-45 for acorn and about 1 hour for a large butternut.
- Test for tenderness with a fork.
- Turn the squash halves over and brush with butter and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
- Bake a few minutes longer.