This recipe works well to complement some grilled shrimp or fish.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups long-grain white rice
- 6 ¾ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Diced tomato
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add next 4 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add rice; stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in green onions and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with diced tomato.