For the freshest taste prepare the salsa just before serving. It pairs well with blue corn chips. Recipe yields 6 ¼ cups.
- 8 Tomatillos
- 1 Medium-Sized Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Serrano Chili seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Cilantro Leaves (Parsley in a pinch)
- Boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add tomatillos and boil for 1 minute.
- Drain; rinse in cold water.
- Grind the garlic and salt in a food processor using a metal blade (course chop, do not puree).
- Add the onion, Serrano chili and cilantro; pulse lightly.
- Add tomatillos (a few at a time), pulsing slightly after each addition.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preferences.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.