As the soup melds consider cleaning the house, and remember cleaning is a way to get some movement in your day. You'll enjoy the bowl of soup so much more knowing you got some exercising and cleaning done.
- 1 Cup split peas
- 1 Hambone or pieces of cubed ham
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 2 Medium onions, minced
- 1 Potato, grated
- 4 Cups diced celery
- 4 Cups green pepper, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place split peas in a large pot.
- Cover split peas with 6 cups of boiling water, let soak for 1 hour.
- Add hambone, carrot, onions, potato, celery and green pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until peas are tender stirring occasionally.
- Add water if needed, simmer for 5 to 10 minutes longer.